Naruto Divinity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto Divinity

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
The site is currently experiencing minor constructive changes. Anything new or appearing as odd to you should be taken with a grain of salt. These changes are for the betterment of the site, and we are simply trying things out as we go. Thank you.
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
The Staff
Nocturne Revy Masahiro
Character Spotlight
Affiliates
The deal with Sannins NarutoBUTTON-1

The deal with Sannins

Go down 
+8
Kitsuke
Noche
Null Abarada
.Hell
"Toshihiro Yamaguchi"
Talis
Daedalus
Shinichi Oboro
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shinichi Oboro
Newbee
Newbee
Shinichi Oboro

The deal with Sannins Empty
PostSubject: The deal with Sannins   The deal with Sannins EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 2:59 pm

My only complaint is that people do not realize that this is a Leaf only thing. It was exclusively made for the Leaf village and not any other village which is cannon proved. I have a issue with that I've seen on other sites but here we we shouldn't practice ignorant. Other villages can make their own custom groups besides the Mist which has the Swordsmen.
Back to top Go down
Daedalus
ANBU
ANBU
Daedalus

PostSubject: Re: The deal with Sannins   The deal with Sannins EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 3:13 pm

A Sannin ((with an a)) is a leaf only thing.

But a Sennin, translates into Hermit, or Sage, and could even be a wandering nin.

The term Sannin infact is a combination of the translated english, three, and sage, respectively being san and sennin.

So yes, I agree with you. The leaf has three Sannin, the Mist has Seven Swordsman. Hell, on another site we even had the Sand's "Goryu", or five dragons. These all have specific number equivalent limitations.

But I do believe we can also have a number of wandering Sennin, or Sennin that affiliate themselves with villages. These Sennin do not have to be S rank however, where as the other named groups typically are.
Back to top Go down
Talis
Missing Nin
Missing Nin
Talis

PostSubject: Re: The deal with Sannins   The deal with Sannins EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 3:41 pm

In my own personal opinion, a rank like Sanin or sennin, or what ever you will call it is to represent a Kage level ninja who infact never became one or retired from it/ Each village will in time be given a unique group like the seven swords men. I for one think this would solved if the rank was simply change to the word Sennin, but how many people would recognize it?
Back to top Go down
Daedalus
ANBU
ANBU
Daedalus

PostSubject: Re: The deal with Sannins   The deal with Sannins EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 3:49 pm

...Or change it to Sage..............

Sannin simply means the legendary three sages. That's definitely what alot of people thought my last character was, but that too is incorrect.

If you use the term Sage, people will probably make the distinction between it and Sannin.
Back to top Go down
"Toshihiro Yamaguchi"
Newbee
Newbee

PostSubject: Re: The deal with Sannins   The deal with Sannins EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 3:58 pm

I always thought that Sannin was just a combination between San and Nin, meaning the three ninja .-.
Boy was I off.

(Doesn't actually have a suggestion for this topic)
Back to top Go down
Shinichi Oboro
Newbee
Newbee
Shinichi Oboro

PostSubject: Re: The deal with Sannins   The deal with Sannins EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 5:06 pm

Yea reason why I just say it's Leaf is not because of the meaning of the name. But that Hanzo gave it to Orochimaru, Jiraiya, and Tsunade because they survived in a battle against him. Meaning it was for the Leaf really. But yes..other groups can be made.
Back to top Go down
.Hell
Raikage
Raikage
.Hell

PostSubject: Re: The deal with Sannins   The deal with Sannins EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 5:13 pm

I say two things:

Sannin/Sennin or w/e can stay in Konoha.

Other villages can make up names for the ranks that pertain to the Level of power that a Sannin can have. For my village, I'd call it a few things.
Back to top Go down
http://www.narugodsrpg.heavenforum.com/
Daedalus
ANBU
ANBU
Daedalus

PostSubject: Re: The deal with Sannins   The deal with Sannins EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 5:24 pm

See, I'm under the impression all are classed as Sages or Sennin.

Sannin vs Swordsman vs whatever is just location derived.
Back to top Go down
Null Abarada
Kazekage
Kazekage
Null Abarada

PostSubject: Re: The deal with Sannins   The deal with Sannins EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 9:52 pm

I would rather have everyone make there own name for it.

Back to top Go down
Noche
Missing Nin
Missing Nin

PostSubject: Re: The deal with Sannins   The deal with Sannins EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 9:54 pm

I simply think that we shouldn't even have sannin. The title was given to jaryia, tsunade, and orochimaru because they were the only three to survive against Hanzo, the kage on the rain village. So in all fairness, it isn't a title that should be achievable at this time
Back to top Go down
Kitsuke
Newbee
Newbee
Kitsuke

PostSubject: Re: The deal with Sannins   The deal with Sannins EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 10:24 am

https://narutodivinity.darkbb.com/character-registration-f7/the-mothman-to-replace-menda-t287.htm#1446

And my complaint is something related. The guy just died as a Sannin, dont tell me he's going to have it again? That is truly unfair for others.
Back to top Go down
Null Abarada
Kazekage
Kazekage
Null Abarada

PostSubject: Re: The deal with Sannins   The deal with Sannins EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 4:09 pm

How Kitsuke.

When Daedalus, did the same exact thing and he just died as well.
Back to top Go down
Daedalus
ANBU
ANBU
Daedalus

PostSubject: Re: The deal with Sannins   The deal with Sannins EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 4:14 pm

I did lower my letter rank, and I see Menda did the same thing.

However, I was not aware that we were limiting Sannin/Sennin spots. If we are I'd have no problem removing it.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Newbee
Newbee
Echo

PostSubject: Re: The deal with Sannins   The deal with Sannins EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 4:17 pm

Cant there only be 3 Sannin? I understand if you weren't allowed to continue on again as a Sannin, due to there being 3 spots, and you being killed showing that your not quite ready for a Sannin spot, but if Sennin are simply sages in a way, then there shouldn't be a limit on that.
Back to top Go down
The Mothman
Hokage
Hokage
The Mothman

PostSubject: Re: The deal with Sannins   The deal with Sannins EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 4:20 pm

Um take note that my death was a simple misunderstanding and it was kitsuke who didn't let me edit even though i let him edit when he could have technically been dead and i also don't care if im sannin or not either way im still an A ranked ninja -.-
Back to top Go down
Daedalus
ANBU
ANBU
Daedalus

PostSubject: Re: The deal with Sannins   The deal with Sannins EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 4:36 pm

As far as I'm concerned, a Sannin spot should be reserved.

A Sennin however, is truly just a regular sage, someone with plenty of knowledge. Perhaps not the same skill level, and often older. And looking ot ver, Daedalus is classed as a Sennin, not a Sannin.

I think the real issue is that we should decide between their distinguishing aspects.
Back to top Go down
The Mothman
Hokage
Hokage
The Mothman

PostSubject: Re: The deal with Sannins   The deal with Sannins EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 4:45 pm

I think sennin shouldn't be allowed because they get sage mode and just make sannin the kage level ninja in the village
Back to top Go down
Daedalus
ANBU
ANBU
Daedalus

PostSubject: Re: The deal with Sannins   The deal with Sannins EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 4:51 pm

Nobody actually stated they got Sage Mode.

And Sannin definitely are restricted to Leaf.
Back to top Go down
Shinichi Oboro
Newbee
Newbee
Shinichi Oboro

PostSubject: Re: The deal with Sannins   The deal with Sannins EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 6:06 pm

How about..you earn Sannin rank. It should not be given at the beginning. Agreed?
Back to top Go down
Daedalus
ANBU
ANBU
Daedalus

PostSubject: Re: The deal with Sannins   The deal with Sannins EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 6:30 pm

Sannin or Sennin?

I assume you mean Sennin.
Back to top Go down
Kitsuke
Newbee
Newbee
Kitsuke

PostSubject: Re: The deal with Sannins   The deal with Sannins EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 10:49 am

Menda, lol me technically dead?. The seal in the said topic doesnt say that anyone who tries to enter dies. So it is completely ridiculous for you to say I am technically dead.

And it wasn't a simple misunderstand, its just pure RPing skills and it wasn't my fault you lacked common sense.
Back to top Go down
Nobunaga Oda
Newbee
Newbee

PostSubject: Re: The deal with Sannins   The deal with Sannins EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 1:53 pm

Sennin I don't even assume is a real title anyone even uses in the Naruto world so lets discard it for the general public and stick to Sannin. Everyone should earn their respective place amongst the special group of the village and should not be given outrightly, maybe the exception of the Leader of the group.
Back to top Go down
Daedalus
ANBU
ANBU
Daedalus

PostSubject: Re: The deal with Sannins   The deal with Sannins EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 1:58 pm

Ok, so. In conclusion.

Every village will be given it's own special group akin to Sannin or the Seven Swordsman. These groups DO NOT give anyone a bonus to power or ability, but are simply the best of the best of that village. They will earn the title, the only thing coming with it being additional responsibilities within the village, and I guess bragging rights.

Anything else?
Back to top Go down
Echo
Newbee
Newbee
Echo

PostSubject: Re: The deal with Sannins   The deal with Sannins EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 2:31 pm

If a custom group is made, there should be a background, or some kind of history about it. No just popping groups out your butt cause it makes your village look cooler, and it has a cool name. I mean like, theirs background stories on the 7SM, and the Sannin. They weren't just made with the snap of a finger. There should be a serious story behind the groups. Why they were made, what caused the idea of the group, what the groups purpose is, stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
The Mothman
Hokage
Hokage
The Mothman

PostSubject: Re: The deal with Sannins   The deal with Sannins EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 2:42 pm

Kitsuke wrote:
Menda, lol me technically dead?. The seal in the said topic doesnt say that anyone who tries to enter dies. So it is completely ridiculous for you to say I am technically dead.

And it wasn't a simple misunderstand, its just pure RPing skills and it wasn't my fault you lacked common sense.

I was told the seal would kill anyone who tried to get in or out and the reason i died had nthing to do with rp skills it had to do with commen sense XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The deal with Sannins   The deal with Sannins Empty

Back to top Go down

The deal with Sannins
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Naruto Divinity  :: Archives :: Archives-
Jump to: