Naruto Divinity

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
The site is currently experiencing minor constructive changes. Anything new or appearing as odd to you should be taken with a grain of salt. These changes are for the betterment of the site, and we are simply trying things out as we go. Thank you.
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Similar topics
The Staff
Nocturne Revy Masahiro
Character Spotlight
Affiliates

Share | 

Elemental Combinations

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Daedalus
ANBU
ANBU

PostSubject: Elemental Combinations   Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:47 pm

So we've been talking about a set list of rules for what elements combine to form what. So far, we know these as canon.

Water+Earth=Wood (Mokuton)
Water+Wind=Ice (Hyouton)
Water+Fire=Acid (Futton)
Fire+Earth=Lava (Youton)
Wind+Earth=Sand (It doesn't actually have a name, so it's unconfirmed if this is a real combo)

Now, we've also seen a Dust Release performed by the Sandaime Tsuchikage. What exactly this is? I have no idea. If we determine by discussion that sand is a bijuu only ability, Dust may become it's replacement.

We've also seen Darui perform a Storm Release, whether this is Lightning+Water, or Lightning+Wind, or simply a variation of Lightning altogether is again unexplained. By discussion we should determine what it is, and more importantly what exactly it does and is limited to, likewise with the Dust Release.

For those that don't have combinations, here are a few ideas that people tend to have.

Lightning+Fire=Plasma
Lightning+Wind=Swift (This release was seen in one of the Naruto movies, whether it's an actual element is unknown)
Lightning+Earth=Sandaime Kazekage's ability? Too close to Sand I think (maybe magnetism in general) Certain Naruto sites state crystal.
Fire+Wind=Smoke?

These are just ideas, nothing more nothing less. By discussion, feel free to add in additional elemental combinations and/or what you think certain combos should be capable of. For example: What does plasma do? How does it act?

Go crazy, in a civilized manner please.

Decided Elemental Combos
Spoiler:

Last edited by Daedalus on Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Talis
Missing Nin
Missing Nin

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Combinations   Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:19 pm

Personally I agree with:

Water+Earth=Wood (Mokuton)
Water+Wind=Ice (Hyouton)
Fire+Earth=Lava (Youton)

I think dust is/should be:

Wind+Earth= Dust

As sand wasn't shown to be an elemental combination but instead power drawn from a bijuu.

Now the combination that has had the elements shown and proven to be a combination, Boil release:

Water +Fire =Boil (I think it's also what you're suffering to as acid, as it's the 5th mizukage's skill.)

Other combination ideas:

Lightning + Wind = Gas (I've seen this used successfully and like the others it makes some sense in the idea of condensing the plasma into a gas once again)

Lightning +Water= Storm (This is the simplest solution to such a thing)

Lightning + Earth= Magnetism/Metal (Not thrilled on this one but you could argue that one literally pull out the metals/ Glass (You'd be superheating it, it's plausible)

Fire + Wind = Flammability/ Combustion (Actual explosions, unlike the fire seen in the series, but that would literally be flammability, I don't feel like discussing the chemistry, but flammability refers to a gases ability to burn, which of course results in an explosion verus combustion simply refers to an object capability to burn. So basically it be more or less flash explosions)

Lightning +Fire= ??? (I'm personally against containing and using plasma as it could basicallyl burn straight through a person, we don't want people literally holding a star.)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daedalus
ANBU
ANBU

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Combinations   Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:25 pm

Agreed on most points.

You're correct, it is Boil for Water+Fire, I used acid as the mist the fifth mizukage expels melts, and is said to be highly acidic.

Which in turn, makes me want to disagree with gas as a combination, as it seems boil has that covered.

Fire plus wind could even be concussion. THe ability to create concussive blasts and concussion bombs and the like.

Lightning+Fire could very well be light, similar to what Naethyn's character has been approved for.

And I still would like to try and clarify what exactly storm does, the one technique we have seen, looked to be nothing more then a standard Raiton tech to me.

I will edit and start a list of elements we know we're sticking with.

EDIT: and having played a character who uses magnetism, I find the ability to be very overpowered, given they can overcome most if not all weapons. Additionally many players carry a good amount of metal on their bodies, rendering them at mercy to the magnetism user.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
.Hell
Raikage
Raikage

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Combinations   Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:52 pm

I say keep Elemental Combinations to KKG only. >.> Makes it a ton less OP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.narugodsrpg.heavenforum.com/
"Toshihiro Yamaguchi"
Newbee
Newbee

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Combinations   Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:08 pm

Lightning +Water= Storm (This is the simplest solution to such a thing) This was proven as an element combination, I thought?

Fire plus wind could even be concussion. THe ability to create concussive blasts and concussion bombs and the like.

I would think that would be less fire and wind and more lighting and wind. I don't know exactly why I think this, but it makes sense to me .-.

-Too lazy for quotes-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
.Oblivion.
Sanin
Sanin

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Combinations   Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:17 pm

Side not My Plasma is down graded . It is not as hot as Real Plasma. Mine is just a little bit hotter then Fire. Mine can not get over f 1000 degree's. But that is the special Last Stage and that is hard to get. But if you want i can take the 6 stage out and the hottest would be 600 degree's
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daedalus
ANBU
ANBU

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Combinations   Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:20 pm

Yuina Maeda wrote:
Lightning +Water= Storm (This is the simplest solution to such a thing) This was proven as an element combination, I thought?

Fire plus wind could even be concussion. The ability to create concussive blasts and concussion bombs and the like.

I would think that would be less fire and wind and more lighting and wind. I don't know exactly why I think this, but it makes sense to me .-.

Storm is proven, but we know very little about it, we're kind of just brain storming to figure out what it is exactly.

You may have a point about the concussion, and I think it may be a good idea for Lightning and Wind.

Now, Elendril, you're not the only one up on the chopping block. There's about three Suna nin that can all control sand, which, as it looks right now, may need to revamp. The idea is not how powerful it is, it's whether or not it's plausible and should be allowed.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
"Toshihiro Yamaguchi"
Newbee
Newbee

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Combinations   Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:24 pm

Last I read on the subject Storm was simply the ability to use raiton in a similar way as you would suiton. Meaning that the Raiton would be a continuous stream with liquid properties as far as its movements go. At least, that's what I gathered
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daedalus
ANBU
ANBU

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Combinations   Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:27 pm

Fair enough, that will indeed be our description. And unless anyone else has anything to say, I'm going to place concussion up there as wind and lightning.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elemental Combinations   

Back to top Go down

Elemental Combinations
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1